**Our new Janet’s List / Making Money Moves Facebook Group is here – to join, go to: http://bit.ly/JanetsListandMakingMoneyMovesFBGroup **
Making Money Moves is a brand new podcast brought to you by Janet’s List, hosted by Janet Oganah and Adonica Simmons. The aim of our podcast is to open up conversations about money, mindset and the moves people have made to build successful businesses. If you are a female entrepreneur, a high impact woman or are simply looking for inspiration, this podcast is for you. We interview inspiring guests, mostly women of colour, who are building incredible businesses. Our guests will also share tips and strategies which you can apply at any stage of your entrepreneurial journey.
- What the Black Hair Book is and why it exists (1:45)
- The first steps she took to bring her idea to life (2:45)
- Do women in the beauty industry have to pay a beauty ‘tax’? (4:39)
- The one thing she knows now that she wished she knew when she started (7:18)
- Her experience of being on the Fast Forward pre-accelerator programme and the power of networking (8:56)
- Educating potential investors about the need for the business (12:28)
- We discuss money – bootstrapping her business, how much she’s invested in the business and her revenue streams (19:13)
- Her favourite brand on Janet’s List – find out which brand it is here (26:38).
Stay tuned and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and your favourite podcast apps.