***Vote for us to win ‘Podcast of The Year’ in the Precious Lifestyle Awards. It will only take you ten seconds: http://bit.ly/VoteMakingMoneyMoves2 ***
Making Money Moves is a new podcast brought to you by Janet’s List, hosted by Janet Oganah and Adonica Simmons. The aim of our podcast is to open up conversations about money, mind-set, and the moves people have made to build successful businesses. If you are a female entrepreneur, a high impact woman or are simply looking for inspiration, this podcast is for you. We interview inspiring guests, mostly women of colour, who are building incredible businesses. Our guests will also share tips and strategies, which you can apply at any stage of your entrepreneurial journey.
We had a brilliant chat with Suki Fuller, a ‘Top 30 Tech Influencer’ and a competitive intelligence analyst. From wanting to be James Bond and Indiana Jones as a young girl, Suki tells us how her outside-the-box thinking shone through in her formative years – she was profiled as the first first potential millionaire whilst pursing her degree. Suki also discusses teaching in China while still studying her MBA. She was open about being fired and what her next strategic move was. Suki tells us how she’s used her unique differences to her advantage as leveraging her global network by making face to face connections in a digital world. Most of all, she is a champion of diversity and equality in the tech, as well as being a mentor to women in tech.
Here’s what you’ll learn this episode:
- Competitive intelligence 101 – what it is and how it can revolutionise a business
- The global nature of the intelligence industry (11:50)
- Being recognised as a Top 30 Change-maker in UK Tech (14:54)
- ‘Real Gs move in silence’ – power plays behind the scenes (shout out to our fave Luvvie Ajayi!) (15:17)
- Tackling gender equality and pay gap with Tech London advocates – making moves as a women in tech mentor, and the importance of vocal and proactive white male allies (16.03)
- Self promotion is key – increasing your visibility to widen your reach (17:58)
- Time to step up – finding moments of clarity in the midst of personal loss (19:18)
- Don’t compare yourself to others – Embracing your ‘otherness’ when pricing your product (22.00)
- Shifting focus – highlighting the impact of your work when self-promoting on socials to overcome self conscious stage fright (26.20)
- Business reads: – Build an A-Team by Whitney Johnson
- Janet’s List brand spotlight: HANX
If you would like to connect with us on social media, you can find us all here:
Suki Fuller – @SukiFuller (Twitter)
Janet Oganah: @Janet_Oganah (Twitter)
Adonica Simmons: Global Style Services (Instagram)
The overall mission of Janet’s List is to connect consumers with women of colour in business. We want to close the gap between consumers and women of colour in business and to improve diversity in the business landscape. We also have a curated edit on Janet’s List where you can buy directly from fantastic brands by women of colour.
Podcast listeners! You can get a special discount of 10% off Janet’s List using the code: JANETSLIST10
Stay tuned and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and your favourite podcast apps