Making Money Moves is a brand new podcast brought to you by Janet’s List, hosted by Janet Oganah and Adonica Simmons. The aim of our podcast is to open up conversations about money, mindset and the moves people have made to build successful businesses.
If you are a female entrepreneur, a high impact woman or are simply looking for inspiration, this podcast is for you. We interview inspiring guests, mostly women of colour, who are building incredible businesses. Our guests will also share tips and strategies, which you can apply at any stage of your entrepreneurial journey.
We loved our conversation with Siobhan Kangataran, Coach and Founder of ToGetHer Further, membership community and Facebook support platform. In part 1 of our podcast she describes how she redefined her career while creating a safe space online for other working women. We discussed how crying in the bathroom at her old job gave her the wake up call she needed to start her blog, and heard about the incredible process of writing her book in just 8 days! We also discuss how she planned her finances to prepare for move out of the corporate world as we as her growing coaching practice. Siobhan told us about how she gave up Christmas for a year and her experience with Escape the City.
Here’s what you’ll learn this episode:
- Being honest with yourself – is your current experience of success really making you happy? (4:43)
- Learning how to ask for help – being the hero of your own story with the help of a magical stranger (9:05)
- Listening to the call of inspiration – letting the seed of an idea grow, and acting on the inspiration (11:55)
- Reclaiming your time and achieving that work life balance (12:38)
- Owning your story and the process of writing it in a week! (15:30)
- Using Monzo for money management (23:59)
- Getting clear on your outgoings – calculating cutbacks to bolster your business buffer (27:04)
- Recommended reading for business (34:54) (She Means Business by Carrie Green, Mindset by Carol Dweck)
- Who Siobhan would love to hear next on the show (36.40)
If you would like to connect with us on social media, you can find us all here:
Janet Oganah: @Janet_Oganah (Twitter)
Adonica Simmons: @GlobalStyleServices (Instagram)
Siobhan’s business coach is Helena Murphy
The overall mission of Janet’s List is to connect consumers with women of colour in business. We want to close the gap between consumers and women of colour in business and to improve diversity in the business landscape. We also have a curated edit on Janet’s List where you can buy directly from fantastic brands by women of colour.
Podcast listeners! You can get a special discount of 10% off Janet’s List using the code: JANETSLIST10
Stay tuned and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and your favourite podcast apps.